Friday, July 8, 2016

Repent

On the news again, more killings. This time police officers in Dallas Texas killed by a sniper in a parking garage. When will this madness stop? Our killing machines are getting wickeder and wickeder. People think they need them to protect themselves and their families but what they don't realize is that the more of these things they buy, the more likely they will fall into the wrong hands. I have this to ask of those who own guns. Who will save us from ourselves? Don't we all get mad about something at certain times of our lives?

All the gun makers are sure profiting from all of this; all for the almighty dollar. The killing machines in our wars are only getting more and more vicious too. They kill and maim more people quicker.

I have just this one thing to say about all of this. If we who disobey God's laws, don't search our hearts, feel ashamed for disobedience, and repent, then The Lord Jesus is coming and He will do it for us at Judgement.
Look at the picture of Him that the Bible describes.


Revelation 2:18Common English Bible (CEB)

18................

These are the words of God’s Son, whose eyes are like a fiery flame, and whose feet are like fine brass.

Revelation 2:16Common English Bible (CEB)

16 So change your hearts and lives. If you don’t, I am coming to you soon, and I will make war on them with the sword that comes from my mouth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This picture of a sharp two edged sword coming out of the Lord's mouth says to me that He will cut to pieces with words, those who don"t repent .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 1:7-16Common English Bible (CEB)

Look, he is coming with the clouds! Every eye will see him, including those who pierced him, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of him. This is so. Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “the one who is and was and is coming, the Almighty.”

Christ appears to John

I, John, your brother who shares with you in the hardship, kingdom, and endurance that we have in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and my witness about Jesus. 10 I was in a Spirit-inspired trance on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice that sounded like a trumpet. 11 It said, “Write down on a scroll whatever you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”
12 I turned to see who was speaking to me, and when I turned, I saw seven oil lamps burning on top of seven gold stands. 13 In the middle of the lampstands I saw someone who looked like the Human One.[a] He wore a robe that stretched down to his feet, and he had a gold sash around his chest. 14 His head and hair were white as white wool—like snow—and his eyes were like a fiery flame. 15 His feet were like fine brass that has been purified in a furnace, and his voice sounded like rushing water. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and from his mouth came a sharp, two-edged sword. His appearance was like the sun shining with all its power.

No comments: