Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Encouragement for those who are doing the work of Father God

I want to offer up encouragement for those of you who are doing Father God's work. I have been working on the blog now for 5 years. This blog is the Lord's. I have experienced Satan's power all during this time. From what I have experienced I can say that we humans could very well call him a god, he is that powerful. He knows what I am thinking and does things when he doesn't like what I am doing. Here is the last thing that I believe is Satan's work.

(Wednesday morning, 6/29/16, I posted "To all the bond-servants of the Lord"). Last Tuesday, 6/28/16, I was working in the yard and I picked up some corn stalks that I had laid on the ground some days before. My right hand was attacked by fire ants (I am right handed). I probably got a half dozen or so bits/stings. I have gotten bits before and these did their normal thing, forming red whelps with white pustules in the center. Thursday my wife and I went to our river property. Friday evening, around 5 PM we decided to take our boat out and do some fishing. As I was preparing the boat, I noticed I had left one of the drain plugs in and it had standing water there. I reached down into the not so nice looking water and removed the plug to drain the water. I replaced the plug, finished readying the boat and went inside to wash my hands with alcohol; it was my right ant bitten hand that I used to remove the plug. Just before launching the boat, a red wasp came and stung me on the right hand on the outer part of the wrist. I went back inside and washed again with alcohol and we took the boat out for a while and fished. We didn't catch anything but it was just nice to be out on the river again, it had been so long. When we returned, I took a shower and tended to my right hand. By Saturday morning, my hand was swollen like a balloon. We had already decided before going to the river that we would return to Houston on Saturday. By the time we got the truck packed up and headed back to Houston, the swelling had extended up my right forearm maybe not quite half way. By the time we got to our house in Houston, an hour's drive, the swelling was already more than half way up my arm. We went over to the ER (Emergency Room) and they started taking blood, at least tried to take blood. I have found from past experience that the techs have a difficult time drawing blood out of my left arm. I told them this but they insisted they needed to draw it from the left arm and not the infected right arm. It took four people and at least 12 tries to get blood. They kept me there in an observation room and gave me antibiotics, both oral and through IV. An Infectious disease doctor was called in because there have been a number of cases lately with people getting flesh-eating viruses. Saturday, the swelling had gone down some but they decided to keep me another night. Yesterday, Sunday July 4th, my hand and arm was almost back to normal and the doctor released me. What is kind of funny about this is that July 4th is Independence day. I got out on Independence day and our youngest grandson officially started walking. How cool is that? As of yesterday, when they released me, the results from all the blood tests were not completed so still don't know what they will show.

7/23/16 - Update - More of what I believe to be Satan's work
Last Tuesday, 7/19/16, the day after I posted "Our battle", I woke up with a cutting pain in my left shoulder blade that extended into my chest around my heart. I couldn't tell if it was a heart attack or something else so my wife took me to the ER again. They kept me overnight, did blood tests, and an ultrasound of my heart. My father died of a massive heart attack at the age of 65 and my mother had heart problems for a long time so there is that history in the family. Anyway, the Cardiologist came in the next day, Wednesday, said it was a pinched nerve and released me.  

There was another time that I was working on a post to the blog when a small tire that I was airing up exploded. My hand was there at the tire and my face was very close to it but I was not seriously hurt.

I could go on and tell you about so many other things that has happened but let me just say this. Through all of it, I have learned that I can trust Father God completely to bring me through it safely. Satan is powerful and if you are doing Father God's work you too will experience his power. The thing to remember is that there is no one, not even Satan, who is more powerful than Father and He is such a loving God.

Jeremiah 9:24Common English Bible (CEB)

24 No, those who boast should boast in this:
    that they understand and know me.
I am the Lord who acts with kindness,
    justice, and righteousness in the world,
        and I delight in these things,
            declares the Lord.

Proverbs 14:27-35Common English Bible (CEB)

27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life,
    turning people away from deathtraps.
28 A king’s glory is a large population,
    but a dwindling people is a ruler’s ruin.
29 Patience leads to abundant understanding,
    but impatience leads to stupid mistakes.
30 A peaceful mind gives life to the body,
    but jealousy rots the bones.
31 Those who exploit the powerless anger their maker,
    while those who are kind to the poor honor God.
32 The wicked are thrown down by their own evil,
    but the righteous find refuge even in death.
33 Wisdom resides in an understanding heart,
    but it’s not[a] known in fools.
34 Righteousness dignifies a nation,
    but sin disgraces a people.
35 The king favors an insightful servant,
    but is furious at a shameful one.  

No comments: