The Nicolaitans appear only twice in Scripture, yet Jesus says He hates their deeds and doctrines. This study explores what their name means, why their influence was so dangerous, and how their spirit still appears in religious systems today. It’s a call to discernment, repentance, and a return to direct communion with God. The Doctrines of the Nicolaitans In the past, I’ve stumbled across the name Nicolaitans in Scripture. It appears only twice—in Revelation chapter 2. Revelation 2:6 (LEB) “But you do have this: that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, things which I also hate.” Revelation 2:15–16 (LEB) “So likewise you also have those who hold fast to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Therefore repent! But if you do not, I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war with them with the sword from my mouth.” This morning, while searching Revelation 2 again, that name caught my attention. I’ve looked before, trying to understand who the Nicolaitans wer...