Healing the Body of God
We are part of God’s body, and Yeshua (Jesus) is the Head. When His body is healthy, every part listens to Him and works in harmony. But when we stop listening, the body becomes sick. This is how I’ve come to understand sin.
Picture a human body. Each one of us is a part of that body, receiving our directives from the Head — Yeshua. In a healthy body, every part responds to the signals it receives. But when a cell stops listening and begins doing its own thing, the body becomes sick. That sickness is cancer. And spiritually, that sickness is sin.
Romans 12:4–5
“For just as each of us has one body with many members… so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”
Sin behaves the same way: self‑directed, self‑sufficient, ignoring the signals of the Head. We go off on our own, following our own impulses instead of Yeshua’s instructions. But I believe with all my heart that God — the Great Physician — is healing His body.
Just as cancer must first be diagnosed, our sin must first be revealed. At just the right time, Father God opens our eyes to see our disobedience. When I accept what He shows me and ask for help, He is right there. He never denies His children. He has already provided the cure through His Son, Yeshua, our Messiah.
Psalm 147:3
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
The sorrow and pain that come with seeing my sin — He lifts it. The punishment I deserve — Yeshua took it on the cross. The shame that tries to cling — He washes it away.
But healing requires connection. I must be plugged back into God’s body, receiving my instructions from Yeshua as I was meant to. When Yeshua said we must be born again, I believe this is part of what He meant. It’s not spiritual rehab — it’s rebirth. Just as a newborn must learn everything from the beginning, we must learn how to live in God’s body, learning from the Head and growing into the harmony He designed.
Ephesians 4:15–16
“…we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of Him who is the Head, that is, Christ.”
Father God is restoring His body. Our part is to listen again, to reconnect, and to let Yeshua teach us how to live in the new life He has given us.
Prayer:
Father God, open my eyes to see the places where I have stopped listening to You. Reveal my sin, and give me the courage to face it with honesty. Thank You for the healing You provide through Yeshua, who carried my punishment and washed away my shame. Plug me back into Your body so I may receive my instructions from the Head and live in harmony with Your will. Teach me to walk as one who has been born again. In Yeshua’s name, amen.