Friday, August 17, 2012

Turning a sinner from the error of his way.

I woke up very early this morning thinking about a particular passage of scripture, trying to relate it to Satan and the other fallen angels. The scripture is James chapter 5:

James 5:19-20

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
19 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

I've had some discussion with my wife before about who's sins are covered here. I thought that the sins covered were the sins of the one who turns a sinner and my wife thought it was the sins of the sinner.

My wife had a very funny dream the other night. She works in the administration side of HISD. In her dream, she arrives at work to find a bunch of kids there and her boss was confused and beside herself. My wife asks her boss, "What's wrong?" Boss says that one of the little girls has to do a number 3 and she couldn't figure out what the girl needed to do. When my wife told me here dream, she also did not know what a number 3 was. I immediately knew that the girl had to pee and poo; a number 1 and a number 2 = number 3.

It was odd that my wife had this dream at this time when I was again pondering over the answer to my question of whose sins were covered; maybe it's a number 3, both people.

If Satan and the other fallen angels repented and then turn the world's lost to the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, wouldn't a multitude of their sins be covered for each person they turned? When you think about it, a multitude times several billion people just might cover all their wrongs they've done throughout their existence.

I know this sounds crazy and I have no idea if they could even repent. If they can be afraid I would think they could also feel grief and sorrow for what they've done. Repentance is the only way for us humans to have peace and joy; to experience love, happiness, to be able to laugh. These are things the fallen angels have never experienced before. Could they not also repent?

Well, I guess if we start seeing a lot of people turning from their wicked ways and to the Father and His precious Son, then maybe they are able to repent. Wouldn't that be an extremely joyous occasion?

No comments: