Thursday, May 29, 2014

Shame is hell ------- Hell is shame


We have had this idea of hell being a place of unending torment for so long it has become ingrained in us; it will be difficult to think of it in any other way. I know I have struggled with this for several years now and even today I ask myself sometimes, “Am I wrong? Am I not seeing this correctly?” I know that in my heart I believe that this hell talked about in the Bible is SHAME; shame that will come to most all of us when God judges justly. Because Father God knows me perfectly, whatever shame I must endure will be my just reward. I trust Him to judge me fairly.

I know that there are many Christians who will disagree with me venomously and adhere to traditional teaching. I have a great burden in this and wish we could all see this in the same way but in my small faith, I don’t see that happening.

God is bigger than my small faith and I know that whatever I do or say does not change His truths. I know He WILL accomplish His wonderful plan.

When you study the scriptures, open your mind to the possibility that hell just might be the shame I’ve been talking about. I believe that the scriptures that you have struggled with in the past will fall into place and start making sense.  

No comments: