Thursday, June 30, 2011

Reason for me saying "Once Saved Always Saved" is wrong

The reason for me saying that the mindset of "Once Saved Always Saved" is wrong, is not to condemn anyone. I have come to truly realize how much God loves us and wants all to enter His new righteous kingdom, but we have to do it His way. I truly believe in my heart that this teaching is giving many, some, or a few, a false hope that they are going to enter the new kingdom simply because that yes, they excepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It is too often that we have forgotten the Lord part of it.

Wouldn't you want me to say something now before you stand before Christ to be judged? There are no do-overs. Whatever He says will be for you and me for eternity. Why accept what man tells you for such a high price? Read and study the Bible. Ask Him what is the truth. If you want to know where you would end up if you died today, ask Him that too. He made me see and feel what it would be like for me if I had died the day He showed me. It was a place totally void of Him and anything of Him; a miserable lonely place. He showed me out of love for me and also to prepare me for this work.

I know that it is not my works that saves me but I truly enjoy and feel blessed when I see myself involved in His work. It amazes me to watch Him work and then sometimes to see the results. There is nothing like experiencing what He tells us in His word.

I can go on and on but I won't. Let me just end this with scriptures from 1 Corinthians.


1 Corinthians 11:28-30

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 But a man must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. 30 For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number [a]sleep.

No comments: