Reason for me saying "Once Saved Always Saved" is wrong

Reason for me saying

Unity Series: “Remain in Me” — John 15:1‑6. True salvation is found in abiding with the Son, not in a moment of belief alone.

This Unity reflection shares why the mindset of “Once Saved Always Saved” can be spiritually dangerous. The goal is not condemnation, but love — pointing hearts back to the truth of entering God’s Kingdom His way, not ours.

Why I Believe “Once Saved Always Saved” Is Not True

The reason I speak against the mindset of “Once Saved Always Saved” is not to condemn anyone. My heart is not to judge, but to warn in love. Over time, Father God has shown me how deeply He loves us and how much He desires every one of us to enter His new righteous Kingdom — but we must enter His way, not ours.

I truly believe many people have been given a false hope that they will enter the Kingdom simply because they once accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Too often, we remember the Savior part but forget the Lord part. Salvation is not a one-time handshake; it is a life of turning, returning, and following.

If I saw you walking toward danger, wouldn’t you want me to say something now — before you stand before Christ to be judged? There are no do-overs on that day. Whatever He says will stand. His judgments are true and righteous. Why trust what man tells you when the price is so high? Read the Scriptures. Study them. Ask Him directly what is true.

If you want to know where you would stand today if your life ended, ask Him that too. He showed me where I would have gone if I had died on the day He revealed it to me. It was a place completely void of Him — void of His presence, His peace, His light. A miserable, lonely place. He showed me this out of love, and to prepare me for the work He has given me.

I know my works do not save me. But I feel blessed when I see myself involved in His work. It amazes me to watch Him move, and sometimes to see the results. There is nothing like experiencing the truth of His Word firsthand.

I could go on and on, but I’ll end with Scripture — a reminder that we must examine ourselves, not assume we are safe simply because we once believed.

1 Corinthians 11:28–30 (NASB)

28 But a man must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup.

29 For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly.

30 For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.

Closing Prayer

Father God, thank You for loving us enough to warn us, guide us, and call us into Your Kingdom through truth. Help us never rely on a false hope or a man-made doctrine, but on Your Word and Your Spirit.

Examine our hearts and reveal anything in us that needs to return to You. Teach us to walk in repentance, humility, and obedience — not assuming salvation, but living in unity with You through Your Son.

In Yeshua Jesus’ name, amen.



Visit the Unity Series Hub for more insights →

Popular posts from this blog

The Hammer Story

Becoming One: The Flow of Giving Energy

A deeper look at the Nicolaitans in Revelation — what Jesus hated,