Who Do You Pray To?
Who Do You Pray To?
A short reflection on prayer, clarity, and the relationship between Yeshua and the Father.
Christians often pray without ever stopping to consider who they are addressing. It may seem like a strange question, but for many believers, this is a very real point of confusion. I know it was for me.
For years, I struggled with whether I was praying to Yeshua (Jesus) or to Father God. Sometimes my prayers felt directed toward Jesus; other times toward the Father. It wasn’t until a profound vision—an experience I’ve shared before—that I finally understood with clarity: I pray to Father God, YAHUAH, YAHWEH, HaAv.
Scripture gives us a complex but beautiful picture of the relationship between Yeshua and the Father. Many passages teach their oneness—John 14:9–11, John 10:38, John 8:58, John 5:17–18, John 10:30–33. Yet Yeshua Himself says the Father is greater than He (John 14:28). In John 14:6–7, we see both truths held together: unity and distinction.
John 14:6–7 (NASB)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”
Yochanan 14:6–7 (OJB)
6 Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach says to him, I am HaDerech, HaEmes, and HaChayyim. No one comes to HaAv except through me [1Sm 3:7].
7 If you have had da’as of me, also you will have had da’as of Avi. And from now on, you have had da’as of Him and have seen Him.
Praying to the Father
Why my prayers are now directed to YAHWEH, and why Communion matters.
Today, when I pray or speak with God, I speak directly to Father God — YAHUAH, YAHWEH, HaAv (Luke 11:2). And I do so because of Yeshua, who opened the way to the Father through His sacrifice.
Every time I come before the Father, I remind myself of the great price Yeshua paid to give me this privilege. This is one of the reasons Communion — the Eucharist — is so important. It keeps the sacrifice of Yeshua before our eyes so that we never forget the cost of our access to the Father.
Closing Prayer
A simple prayer of gratitude and clarity.
Father YAHWEH, thank You for revealing Yourself to us through Your Son, Yeshua. Thank You for making a way for us to come before You with confidence, love, and reverence. Help us never forget the sacrifice that opened this path, and teach us to pray with clarity, truth, and intimacy. Draw us closer to You each day, and let our hearts rest in Your presence.
Amen.