Monday, February 24, 2014

Praying


When you pray, who do you pray to? (I am talking to Christians right now.)

This seems like a strange question but there is a reason for me asking. I used to have real difficulty as to exactly who it was I was praying to or talking with. Sometimes I thought I was praying to Yeshua (Jesus); sometimes I felt I was praying to Father God. Through that vision or experience I have talked about having, I know now that it is to Father God I pray or talk with.

There are many passages in the Bible that teaches that they are one in the same, Yeshua and Father God (YAHWEH) John 14:9-11, John 10:38, John 8:58, John 5:17-18, John 10:30-33. But Yeshua even said that Father God (YAHWEH) was greater than He John 14:28.
John 14:6-7 talks about Yeshua and Yahweh being one and yet They are two distinct entities.

John 14:6-7


New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Oneness with the Father
7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

Yochanan 14:6-7

Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
6 Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach says to him, I am HaDerech, HaEmes, and HaChayyim. No one comes to HaAv except through me [1Sm 3:7].
7 If you have had da’as of me, also you will have had da’as of Avi. And from now on, you have had da’as of Him and have seen Him.

*******************************************************************************
Now when I pray or talk with God, I pray or talk with Father God, YAHUAH, YAHWEH, HaAv… Luke 11:2; thanks be to Yeshua (Jesus). It was because of what Yeshua did that provided the path or the way to the Father.
When I am talking with Father, I have to remind myself of the great price Yeshua, Jesus, paid to give me this privilege. I think that is why it is so important to celebrate Communion or receive the Eucharist; so I don’t forget.

 

 

 

No comments: