Why wait until the day Father God lifts the veil
Why wait until the day Father God lifts the veil and reveals our true selves — the way He sees us and the way others have seen us? Why carry baggage into that moment that we could lay down now?
You and I still have time to work on these things while we are here. Ask Father God to soften your heart. Ask Him to reveal the wrongs you’ve done to others, and the wrongs others have done to you. Ask Him for the strength to go — while they are still alive — and seek forgiveness. And ask Him for the grace to forgive those who have wounded you.
For those we have wronged who have already passed on, we will have to wait to see whether they forgave us. If not, we will bear that grief and shame ourselves. Better to settle matters now, while mercy is still within reach.
Luke 12:57–59
Yeshua (Jesus) spoke directly to this, urging us to settle our accounts before we stand before the Judge. He warns that if we refuse to make things right on the way, we may find ourselves facing judgment and not leaving until every last debt is paid.
You can read the full passage here: Luke 12:57–59 (NASB)
Isaiah 66:1–2
The God whose throne is heaven and whose footstool is the earth is not impressed by what we build for Him. Instead, He looks to the one who is humble, contrite in spirit, and who trembles at His word.
You can read the full passage here: Isaiah 66:1–2 (NASB)
This is the posture that clears our baggage. This is the posture that prepares us for the day the veil is lifted. This is the posture Father God honors.
Prayer:
Father God, I ask You to soften my heart. Reveal to me the wrongs I have done to others and the wounds I still carry. Give me the courage to seek forgiveness where I can, and the grace to forgive those who have hurt me. Make me humble and contrite in spirit, and teach me to tremble at Your word. Help me to settle my accounts now, while there is still time, so that when the veil is lifted, I will stand before You with a heart made clean by Your mercy. In Yeshua’s (Jesus’) name, amen.