Friday, April 19, 2024

LOVE

I woke up early this morning and I remembered that I was dreaming about LOVE. I was specifically dreaming about the medic, Desmond Doss, who is credited with saving many solders lives, even enemy soldiers', during one of the bloodiest battles of World War II in the Pacific. He did it without carrying any kind of protection for himself. He refused to carry a weapon or take a person's life. When he enlisted into the Army, he told them this and was almost rejected for service. They thought that he wouldn't make a good solder but they took him anyway. They made a movie, 'Hacksaw Ridge', based on true events. It is well worth seeing if you haven't already.(without children). His whole character was amazing, hard to believe, and is one example of LOVE (AGAPE LOVE). The kind of LOVE that Father God and his son, Yeshua (Jesus) has.

I've been thinking a lot about my life lately. I can not remember if I have ever loved that deeply. The Bible talks about God's chosen. Jesus talked about his disciples as the ones his Father God gave him, specifically chosen. I wonder now, are God's chosen the only ones who experience that kind of LOVE? I am not saying that we can't love unless we've been chosen by God. I kind of think our love may not be Agape Love, but some flavor under that.

I remember that at the day of Judgement there are many books that will be opened. But there is one book that stands apart from all the others. It is called the Book of Life, God's chosen. If we could see those who God has chosen, I think we would be quite surprised by those He has picked

-----------------------------------------------------------

All of a sudden, I am being reminded of a number of old posts:

Monday, August 3, 2020 ---- Love

Sunday, June 24, 2018 ----- Love Thy Enemy


No comments: