Saturday, April 13, 2024

Judgment Day

Judgment Day

If today were Judgment Day, Yeshua (Jesus) has finished putting a spotlight on your life, and he tells you to go away, he never knew you, how would you feel? How would I feel?

If today were it, Judgment Day, I don’t believe that I would do well. So many things I have done and not done. I think that what I would regret most is missing the opportunities to talk with someone. I will get kind of a premonition to talk with someone. I mull it over in my mind why not to and why I should. If I finally decide to do it, go talk with them, more often than not, it is too late. The person is gone. Whenever we feel the need to meet someone, just do it. Don’t think, just do it. These opportunities go away quickly.

In the book "Celestine Prophecy" it calls these opportunities coincidences. They are important to us and have great meaning. If not at that very moment, then for a later time.

I've repented a number of times but seem to fall back into my same old person. I think, how can God put up with me?  His Son, Yeshua (Jesus) went through unimaginable things so that I could be forgiven. Why can’t I honor him? Why can’t I honor Father God for His plan to save us? Such Love those two have for us…...

We can ask forgiveness today and after seeing that we fail, we can ask forgiveness and try again. One day the disciple Peter asked Yeshua (Jesus), "How many times should I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus tells him, "Not seven times, but seventy times seven." (Matthew 18:21-35)

God is patient with us, but His patience is finite. Some day we will be judged. No one but Father God knows when that will be.

Forgiveness is circular or reciprocal. If we forgive then we are forgiven.

Matthew 6:14-15

New International Version

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think about what Yeshua (Jesus) went through, for us all, so that we could have forgiveness.

Here are the crucifixion stories in the Bible:

Matthew 27, Mark 15, Luke 23, and John 19 

He endured things beyond our comprehension. He did it for all of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If being fearful of God makes you do good works, then be afraid. If doing good works is for rewards at Judgment Day, then that is for your benefit. Doing good works because you LOVE is the ultimate reason. LOVE like Father God and Yeshua (Jesus) LOVE. I think this may be what "The Way" means in the Bible.

John 14:6

New International Version

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 14:15-16

New International Version

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—

--------------------------------------------------

4/24/2024

I was looking through some of my old posts and came across 'The faith that justified Abraham'. This is a long read but I feel like it goes very well with this post and the 'Good Works' post.


No comments: