Tuesday, July 21, 2015

To those who kill for their god



What I am about to say is not to put down the Muslim faith at all. I know that there are many groups within all faiths who interpret their Holy book differently. To those of you who believe that your Allah desires you to go and kill people, I wonder if you are serving the One True God? I can’t understand the killing of people just because they are Jews or Christians or Muslims or Palestinians or Americans or blacks or whites or whoever it is that you justify killing. This post is for all people who believe killing others is the answer to the world's problems.

You can't force others to believe what you believe. Many convert out of fear. When you gain a convert to your way of thinking, it doesn't stop there. Soon you start to suspect those converts and make up tests to see if they really have converted. When you decide someone has failed your test and that they really have not converted, you will kill them; that is if they are lucky. History has shown that just killing is not enough. One thing leads to something more gruesome. This has happened even in the Christian faiths. Early Christians have been known to burn people alive and torture someone to get them to confess to something they believed them to be guilty of.

I call myself a Christian but I believe that the One True Living God is the God of peace and love. He gave us laws knowing beforehand we wouldn't obey them. Then instead of enforcing them or even pardon us, He did something beyond comprehension. His Son took our punishment willingly; He took our place. Jesus knew the horrible pain and suffering He would go through but He went through with it anyway. He didn't have to do that. Father God could have enforced His laws and all of us would be destroyed.   

This I believe with all my heart. If this killing you do, is for the One True God, then you will receive blessings. But if not, curses. This is in this life, not the next one. Are you willing to waste this life believing someone who tells you that your next life will be better?

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God ((Hebrews 10:30-31, Devarim (Deuteronomy) 32:35-36)).

I look forward to God’s Day of Judgment. I see no other way to fix things. Everyone will see the truth about themselves; just as Father God sees each one of us. The Bible talks about receiving crowns for the good things we do but when we look at ourselves as a whole, those crowns will look small in comparison ((Yeshayah (Isaiah) 64:6))

I had something odd happen with my grape harvest this year. At first, here were full clusters of green grapes but as they ripened, most went from beautiful green grapes to dried up things yielding nothing for me this year. The ones that did make were very good and sweet.




This years’ grape harvest is the way I view how Judgment will be. There are some of us who have become good fruit, but so many more of us have become noting but shriveled up things.


The thing I would like you to realize is this. Even though you or I are that shriveled up thing, the seed is still there. If that seed goes into good ground, it will produce a vine; in other words, this is not the end.

Malachi 3 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

“Look! I am sending my messenger
to clear the way before me;
and the Lord, whom you seek,
will suddenly come to his temple.
Yes, the messenger of the covenant,
in whom you take such delight —
look! Here he comes,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.
But who can endure the day when he comes?
Who can stand when he appears?
For he will be like a refiner’s fire,
like the soapmaker’s lye.
He will sit, testing and purifying the silver;
he will purify the sons of Levi,
refining them like gold and silver,
so that they can bring offerings to Adonai uprightly.
Then the offering of Y’hudah and Yerushalayim
will be pleasing to Adonai,
as it was in the days of old,
as in years gone by.
“Then I will approach you for judgment;
and I will be quick to witness
against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers;
against those who take advantage
of wage-earners, widows and orphans;
against those who rob the foreigner of his rights
and don’t fear me,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.
“But because I, Adonai, do not change,
you sons of Ya‘akov will not be destroyed.
Since the days of your forefathers
you have turned from my laws and have not kept them.
Return to me, and I will return to you,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.
“But you ask, ‘In respect to what
are we supposed to return?’
Can a person rob God?
Yet you rob me.
But you ask, ‘How have we robbed you?’
In tenths and voluntary contributions.
A curse is on you, on your whole nation,
because you rob me.
10 Bring the whole tenth into the storehouse,
so that there will be food in my house,
and put me to the test,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.
“See if I won’t open for you
the floodgates of heaven
and pour out for you a blessing
far beyond your needs.
11 For your sakes I will forbid the devourer
to destroy the yield from your soil;
and your vine will not lose its fruit
before harvest-time,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.
12 “All nations will call you happy,
for you will be a land of delights,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.
13 “You have spoken strongly against me,” says Adonai.
“Yet you say, ‘How have we spoken against you?’
14 By saying, ‘There is no point in serving God.
What good is it to obey his orders
or to walk about as mourners
before Adonai-Tzva’ot?
15 We consider the arrogant happy;
also evildoers prosper;
they put God to the test;
nevertheless, they escape.’”
16 Then those who feared Adonai spoke together;
and Adonai listened and heard.
A record book was written in his presence
for those who feared Adonai
and had respect for his name.
17 “They will be mine,” says Adonai-Tzva’ot,
“on the day when I compose my own special treasure.
I will spare them as a man spares
his own son who serves him.
18 Then once again you will see the difference
between the righteous and the wicked,
between the person who serves God
and one that doesn’t serve him.
19 (4:1) For the day is coming, burning like a furnace,
when all the proud and evildoers will be stubble;
the day that is coming will set them ablaze,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot,
“and leave them neither root nor branch.
20 (4:2) But to you who fear my name,
the sun of righteousness will rise
with healing in its wings;
and you will break out leaping,
like calves released from the stall.
21 (4:3) You will trample the wicked,
they will be ashes under the soles of your feet
on the day when I take action,”
says Adonai-Tzva’ot.
22 (4:4) “Remember the Torah of Moshe my servant,
which I enjoined on him at Horev,
laws and rulings for all Isra’el.
23 (4:5) Look, I will send to you
Eliyahu the prophet
before the coming of the great
and terrible Day of Adonai.
24 (4:6) He will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children
and the hearts of the children to their fathers;
otherwise I will come and strike the land
with complete destruction.”
[Look, I will send to you
Eliyahu the prophet
before the coming of the great
and terrible Day of Adonai.]

No comments: