Thursday, July 16, 2015

Tired



I’ve gotten tired of reading on Facebook all the negative comments associated with President Obama; mostly from Christians. Have Christians forgotten the scriptures?


Romans 13:1New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Be Subject to Government



Romans 13:1New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Be Subject to Government

13 Every [a]person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except [b]from God, and those which exist are established by God.

 

Daniel 2:20-21New American Standard Bible (NASB)

20 Daniel said,
“Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever,
For wisdom and power belong to Him.
21 “It is He who changes the times and the epochs;
He removes kings and [a]establishes kings;
He gives wisdom to wise men
And knowledge to [b]men of understanding.

 

Psalm 75:1-7New American Standard Bible (NASB)

God Abases the Proud, but Exalts the Righteous.

For the choir director; set to [a]Al-tashheth. A Psalm of Asaph, a Song.

75 We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks,
For Your name is near;
Men declare Your wondrous works.
“When I select an appointed time,
It is I who judge with equity.
“The earth and all who dwell in it [b]melt;
It is I who have firmly set its pillars. [c]Selah.
“I said to the boastful, ‘Do not boast,’
And to the wicked, ‘Do not lift up the horn;
Do not lift up your horn on high,
Do not speak with insolent [d]pride.’”
For not from the east, nor from the west,
Nor from the [e]desert comes exaltation;
But God is the Judge;
He puts down one and exalts another.


There are more but I will stop here and would like to ask you something. Do you pray for President Obama? You don’t like the decisions he’s making; have you prayed for God to lead him? How do you know that he is not doing the will of God?

This brings me to something else. Can we change the will of God? Think about what I am asking. God is all powerful; no one else can come near His power, not even Satan. He has a will, He desires for certain things to happen. Is there anything at all that I can do to thwart His will?

We pray the Lord’s Prayer but I don’t believe we understand the part about the will of God. We say it as though we ask God to do His will, but it should be an acknowledgment that God does His will on earth as He does in heaven.

There is so much wickedness going on in the world today. It makes one wonder; where is God? I believe that all that has happened in the world and all that will happen has been ordained by God before He created it; even the fall of Satan and the other angels. What if Satan hadn’t decided to be god but Adam went through with disobedience. Satan wouldn’t be here to give us all that grief to nudge us back to God.

This brings me to another attribute of God. He is all knowing. The Bible says that there is nowhere at all we can hide to keep Him from knowing what we are doing. Our thoughts, our unspoken words he hears; this is all of us; so amazing. I believe He knew everything about everything when He formulated His great plan. When I think about it, God had two options; not create at all or orchestrate everything to have the best possible ending.

When I think about God and His work, I picture an orchestra. I didn’t know much about an orchestra but when I studied about it, it sounded so much like God and His plan. God has a beautiful piece of work in mind and when all is ready, He, as the director, will bring it all together into something that no one will forget.


No comments: