Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Our elections are over.

😕😲😧

It is hard to put into words my feelings and thoughts right now; about the future of America and the world. I did not vote for Trump. I do not hate him but I don't know that I could say that I love him either. I will definitely pray for him, for me, and for our nation. 

That word,"hate", I have heard it so many times lately. I have heard it come from the mouths of Christians. The very word Christian means you believe in Christ Jesus and profess His teachings which is love not hate; love God, love neighbor, and even love our enemy (I would like to tell you, hopefully in the next post, about a book I last read which tells how enemies during WWII became friends through the gospel of Christ).


I had a feeling that Trump would be nominated as our next president. I even made a comment on Facebook to a friend a while back that I thought that he probably would be elected. But, when all was done and he was elected, I was stunned, shocked. How did this happen? I do believe this is the work of Satan but the will of our Father God.


It seems to me that many Christians have become like the scribes and Pharisees during Jesus' time, believing they are righteous.


Romans 3:20-23New International Version (NIV)

20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Righteousness Through Faith

21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousnessis given through faith in[a] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Matthew 15:8Common English Bible (CEB)

This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far away from me. 

I wonder how America will be made great again, as Trump says he will do. Will it be like Germany during the reign of Hitler and the Nazis? Germany became a very powerful nation but it was done by deceit, bullying, threatening, and eliminating the dissenters and the unwanted. 


I just watched 60 Minutes on TV, an interview with president elect Trump and his family. I have to say that after watching it, I am still uneasy about our future. 


A large number of Christians believe that Trump is anointed by God to be like Cyrus in the Bible because of prophecy through someone believed to be a prophet of today, someone who is respected. I just don't know. I feel otherwise. If they are right, great. Even if my thoughts are correct and we are headed to be great like Germany, Christ Jesus' way of love and prayer will win out over evil and it will calm our fears.


If you haven't already done this, opening your heart to Yeshua Jesus, letting Him in, and receiving the Holy Spirit (the Living Water), I invite you to do so. All who do this become part of Christ. He is our head and we are members of His body. He will direct our actions. Love will rule over hate. Think about the fruits of the spirit. 


Galatians 5:22-23King James Version (KJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,


23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.


Matthew 5:43-48Common English Bible (CEB)

Law of love

43 “You have heard that it was said, You must love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy. 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who harass you 45 so that you will be acting as children of your Father who is in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both the evil and the good and sends rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.46 If you love only those who love you, what reward do you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing? Don’t even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore, just as your heavenly Father is complete in showing love to everyone, so also you must be complete.

Let us pray for each other. I believe we are headed into difficult times, more so than what we already have.

No comments: