Thursday, March 28, 2013

Awe struck


I was awed (I know, not a word) today by something my wife told me. Her mother, my mother-in-law, broke her left ankle in an auto accident about three weeks ago. Yesterday they took off the splints and put on the cast. The surgeon who worked on her mom’s ankle explained to my wife and her mother how the bones in our body have polarities similar to magnets. When a bone breaks, the polarities at the break shift so now there is an attraction instead of what would normally be a repelling motion. This shift lasts for about three months and then the polarities shift back to normal. Since the discovery of this phenomena, they have found a way to prolong that shift before shifting back to normal. This stretches out the healing process which is sometimes needed for older people or people who need that extra time.

 

When I think about how God has put together our bodies, it awes me (I wished I could find better words but I just cannot find any words good enough to describe my thoughts of God.) He has thought of everything.

 

I’ve been talking about a marriage with God. Here's some scripture to think about:

 

 Isaiah 62:4-5


New International Version (NIV)

4 No longer will they call you Deserted,
or name your land Desolate.

But you will be called Hephzibah,[a]
and your land Beulah[b];
for the Lord will take delight in you,
and your land will be married.
5 As a young man marries a young woman,

so will your Builder marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
so will your God rejoice over you.

Footnotes:


  1. Isaiah 62:4 Hephzibah means my delight is in her.
  2. Isaiah 62:4 Beulah means married.

Matthew 23:8-10


New International Version (NIV)

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.

Who is better to teach than the bridegroom, Christ Jesus!

No comments: