Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Intriguing Thought

This morning, I had an intriguing thought. In every language on Earth, we have different names for the same entity. For instance, I call God “Father God” or simply “God,” and I refer to Jesus as “Jesus” or sometimes “Yeshua.” In Spanish, God is called “Dios,” “Señor,” or “Padre,” and in Mexico, the Child Jesus is known as “Niño Dios,” “Chucho,” or “Chuy.”

Regardless of the country we live in or the language we speak, the image of God in our minds is likely quite similar. The same goes for Jesus.

It’s truly amazing to think that God can communicate with all of us in our own languages simultaneously, and Jesus can do the same.

This led me to wonder if God has a native language. Jesus existed with Father God long before creation. Does Jesus have a native language, and is it the same as Father God’s? Since Jesus is known as the Son of God, I imagine they would share the same native language. However, perhaps language, as we understand it, doesn’t exist in God’s realm.

This is what I pondered this morning. If God and Jesus have a native language, what would their names be? Would we even be able to pronounce them? I know, these are kind of unusual thoughts.


No comments: