Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Great Day of The Lord

I've been studying about this day in the future known as "the great day of the Lord". This is what I've discovered: All peoples, everyone, will know Who it is coming  (the Lord Jesus Christ). Everyone will mourn. All tears will be wiped away.

Matthew 24:30King James Version (KJV)

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Revelation 1:7Common English Bible (CEB)

Look, he is coming with the clouds! Every eye will see him, including those who pierced him, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of him. This is so. Amen.
Why is everyone morning? I believe it is because it is at this moment that everyone sees or comes to know that person Jesus died for; the true self.

Isaiah 45:21-25Common English Bible (CEB)

21 Announce! Approach! Confer together!
    Who proclaimed this from the beginning, announced it from long ago?
Wasn’t it I, the Lord?
    There’s no other God except me,
    a righteous God and a savior;
    there’s none besides me!
22 Turn to me and be saved,
    all you ends of the earth,
    for I am God, and there’s no other.
23 I have sworn a solemn pledge;
    a word has left my mouth;
    it is reliable and won’t fail.
Surely every knee will bow
and every tongue will confess;
24     they will say, “Righteousness and strength come only from theLord.
    All who are angry with him will come to shame.
25 All the Israelites
    will be victorious and rejoice.”

Isaiah 44:22-26Common English Bible (CEB)

22 I swept away your rebellions like a cloud,
    and your sins like fog.
Return to me,
    because I have redeemed you.
23 Sing, heavens, for the Lord has acted;
    shout, depths of the earth!
Burst out with a ringing cry,
you mountains, forest, and every tree in it.
The Lord has redeemed Jacob,
    and will glorify himself through Israel.
24 The Lord your redeemer
    who formed you in the womb says:
I am the Lord, the maker of all,
    who alone stretched out the heavens,
    who spread out the earth by myself,
25     who frustrates the omens of diviners
        and makes a mockery of magicians,
    who turns back the wise
        and turns their knowledge into folly.
26     But who confirms the word of my[a] servant,
        and fulfills the predictions of my messengers;
    who says about Jerusalem, “It will be resettled”;
        and who says about the cities of Judah, “They will be rebuilt,
        and I will restore their ruins”;


Isaiah 25:8Common English Bible (CEB)

He will swallow up death[a] forever.
The Lord God will wipe tears from every face;
    he will remove his people’s disgrace from off the whole earth,
        for the Lord has spoken.

Revelation 21:4Common English Bible (CEB)

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more. There will be no mourning, crying, or pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

No comments: